Hello all! It's been a VERY long time since I updated here. I would like everyone to know I now have a tumblr.com blog as well as this one. I may do exclusive sales and promotion offers through there and not here and vice versa. Be certain to bookmark Threaded Chains on tumblr so you don't miss out! :)
Things have been relatively active lately. I have many new items and sales have been slowly trickling in. I hope for a fruitful holiday season this year.
I would like to take this time to alert everyone that Threaded Chains is slowly changing. It has been a year since I’ve been actively selling my jewelry and handmade items as well as my mother’s vintage finds from my nana’s house. I am a year older and wiser in selling and I’ve made some great friends along the way.
So what is changing? Here’s a little run down:
- - Items are now wrapped and sealed with various shaped stickers. It’s like receiving a present in the mail!
- - Store items are expanding; I am beginning to branch out on the types of items I offer
- - Policies WILL be changed. Please check back often as I will be editing shipping costs (I want to make them cheaper for you!) and store policies will be revamped.
- - New items. After my move to my nana’s house I will be experimenting with creating candles (eventually soaps as well) and making polymer clay beads to both use in my jewelry and to sell.
- - I will actively be seeking feedback. I want to know what sorts of items you all wish to see and I always welcome comments on pieces I have already made.
- - I am going to actively seek out handmade items on etsy, artfire, and shophandmade that I can use to incorporate into my products. It’s about time I invested in some lampwork beads!
Of course this list isn’t all there is. I am certain I missed something, but this should give everyone an idea of what is to come.
With Threaded Chains slowly gaining a tiny bit of popularity I would like to start setting some goals. For one I would eventually like to turn it into my full time job. I would like to be out of retail within the next 5 years. I’ve been wanting to attend craft shows for awhile now as well. It is too late I think to look into doing any for this holiday season, but I would love to have some suggestions from others on shows they may want to see Threaded Chains attend. Keep in mind I need them to be as local as possible. Any states around NJ are highly preferred, in NJ is even better though.
So shoot me a comment or a message with suggestions for craft fairs and such I could look into.
Now, for the giveaway!
Threaded chains has reached over 230 hearts on etsy. In keeping with the spirit of setting goals for the shop I would like to host a giveaway once 500 people have hearted Threaded Chains on Etsy. Hop on over to the shop and give it a heart! I’m only 268 hearts away.
Now with labor day weekend upon us I will be hosting a sale all weekend long, straight through until Tuesday night at midnight, eastern standard time. The sale will start tomorrow, Friday the 3rd. Stay tuned for that.
For now I’m out, new items will be posted soon and I should hopefully have shop policies updated completely within the next week or so.